Holland, Peter, 1757-1812, Select views of the lakes in Cumberland, Westmoreland and Lancashire , [1792?]
- Select views of the lakes in Cumberland, Westmoreland and Lancashire / from drawings made by P. Holland, engraved by C. Rosenberg.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Views of the lakes, &c. in Cumberland & Westmoreland
- Liverpool : Printed by James Smith, for John Peeling, Church-Street, [1792?]
- Physical Description:
-  leaves,  leaves of plates : chiefly ill. ; 22 x 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670.L1 H65 1792a+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- The first (aquatint) plate doubles as an additional titlepage: Views of the lakes, &c. in Cumberland & Westmoreland ...
Plates have imprint: Published as the act directs by P. Holland, Augt. 1. 1792.
Another edition of this title was published with an engraved title page dated 1792 (ESTC T220985). The plates in the present edition appear to be the same, but the letterpress has been entirely reset.
Each of the plates is accompanied by a letterpress leaf containing descriptive text.
BAC: British Art Center copy in plain blue-gray wrappers.
- Subject Terms:
- Cumberland (England) -- Pictorial works.Drew, Daniel -- Bookplate.Lake District (England) -- Pictorial works.Lancashire (England) -- Pictorial works.Peeling, John -- Publisher.Smith, James -- Printer.Westmorland (England) -- Pictorial works.
- Aquatints -- 1792.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.