Smith, W. Hawkes (William Hawkes), Dudley Castle , 1836
- Dudley Castle : an historical and descriptive account of Dudley Castle, in the Couny of Worcester : with topographical and geological notices of the district immediately adjacent / by William Hawkes Smith, author of "Birmingham and its vicinity," &c. &c. ; illustrative of a series of views by D. Cox, J.K. Walter, &c. &c.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Views of Dudley Castle, the Lime caverns, etc.
- London : C. Tilt , 86, Fleet-Street ; 1836.
Birmingham : Radclyffe and Co., 3, Peck-Lane, New-Street, 1836.
- Physical Description:
- , 14 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA664.D8 S65 1836+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Cover title, on printed label: Views of Dudley Castle, the Lime caverns, etc. from drawing by Cox, Walker, & others. With notices historical & descriptive. 5 of the engraved plates are in proof state.
Engravings by W. Radclyffe and E. Radclyffe; after J.R. Walker and D. Cox.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in quarter brown cloth and green paper covered boards, with printed title label. Inscribed: Chas E. Horton.
- Subject Terms:
- Castles -- England.Dudley Castle -- Pictorial works.Horton, Chas. E. -- Autograph.Radclyffe and Co. -- Publisher.Steel engraving -- Specimens -- 1836.Tilt, C. -- Publisher.Worcester (England) -- Description and travel.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.