IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Smith, W. Hawkes (William Hawkes), Dudley Castle , 1836
Dudley Castle : an historical and descriptive account of Dudley Castle, in the Couny of Worcester : with topographical and geological notices of the district immediately adjacent / by William Hawkes Smith, author of "Birmingham and its vicinity," &c. &c. ; illustrative of a series of views by D. Cox, J.K. Walter, &c. &c.
- Additional Title(s):
Views of Dudley Castle, the Lime caverns, etc.
- London : C. Tilt , 86, Fleet-Street ; 1836.
Birmingham : Radclyffe and Co., 3, Peck-Lane, New-Street, 1836.
- Physical Description:
- , 14 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA664.D8 S65 1836+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Cover title, on printed label: Views of Dudley Castle, the Lime caverns, etc. from drawing by Cox, Walker, & others. With notices historical & descriptive. 5 of the engraved plates are in proof state.
Engravings by W. Radclyffe and E. Radclyffe; after J.R. Walker and D. Cox.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in quarter brown cloth and green paper covered boards, with printed title label. Inscribed: Chas E. Horton.
- Subject Terms:
- Castles -- England.Dudley Castle -- Pictorial works.Horton, Chas. E. -- Autograph.Radclyffe and Co. -- Publisher.Steel engraving -- Specimens -- 1836.Tilt, C. -- Publisher.Worcester (England) -- Description and travel.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.