Groups of figures from cuttings in black paper : intended as lessons for instruction in paper cutting / designed and executed by Miss Barbara Anne Townshend.
- [London] : Published by Edward Orme, Bond Street, London, 1808.
- Physical Description:
-  pt. : chiefly ill. ; 24 x 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC910.2.G7 T69 1808+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Aquatint engravings attributed to M. Dubourg; after silhouettes by Barbara Anne Townshend. Cf. Mckechnie.
Later editions appeared in 1815 and 1836.
At head of title: Price 5s. each Book, or 1s. each print.
McKechnie, S. British silhouette artists and their work 1760-1860, p. 277
BAC: British Art Center copy stitched in original blue paper wrappers, with white title label pasted on front cover of both parts. Lacks plates 8 and 9.
- Subject Terms:
- Amusements -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Cut-out craft -- Great Britain.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Orme, Edward -- PublisherPaper work -- Great Britain.Silhouettes -- Great Britain.
- Aquatints -- 1808.
YCBA Collections Search
Townshend, Barbara Anne, Groups of figures from cuttings in black paper , 1808
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.