Souvenir of the Diamond Jubilee Naval Review at Spithead, June 26th, 1897 / from copyright photographs by G. West & Son, naval photographers, Southsea.
- [London] : Published by Marion & Co., 22 & 23, Soho Square, London, W., 
- Physical Description:
-  p. : chiefly ill. ; 27 x 37 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2009 95Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Cover title.
The photographs were originally taken by the naval photographers, George and Alfred John West, who invented the instantaneous shutter allowing for close-up photographs of fastmoving ships. The reproductions depict various ships such as the HMS Powerful, the largest armed cruiser in the world at the time. Cf. H. Herwig. "Luxury" fleet: the Imperial German Navy, 1888-1918.
At head of title: 1837 V.R.I. 1897.
BAC: British Art Center in original printed wrappers. Publisher's advertisement on back cover for the Souvenir of the Diamond Jubilee Procession Album, containing 16 10 x 8 prints, with letterpress.
- Subject Terms:
- Great Britain. Royal Navy -- Ships -- Pictorial works.Marion & Co. -- Publisher.Photography -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Souvenirs (Keepsakes)Victoria, Queen of Great Britain, 1819-1901 -- Anniversaries, etc.
- Photomechanical prints -- 1897.
YCBA Collections Search
Souvenir of the Diamond Jubilee Naval Review at Spithead, June 26th, 1897 , 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.