Periodicals and publishers , 2009
Periodicals and publishers : the newspaper and journal trade, 1750-1914 / edited by John Hinks, Catherine Armstrong & Matthew Day.
- New Castle, DE : Oak Knoll Press ; 2009.
London : British Library, 2009.
- Physical Description:
- xi, 251 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Reference LibraryZ326 .P47 2009 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
"Eleven essays on book history, specifically provincial periodicals and newspapers in England, Scotland, and Ireland from 1740 through 1914. Part of the Print Networks series. Includes case studies of individual publishers. Indexed" - Provided by publisher
- Subject Terms:
- Newspaper publishing -- Great Britain -- History.Periodicals -- Publishing -- Great Britain -- History.
- Forever provincial? : a north British lament / Iain Beavan
- The market for murder and Edinburgh's eighteenth-century book trade / Stephen Brown
- John Ferrar 1742-1804 : printer, author and public man / Jennifer Moore
- William Flyn (1740-1811) and the readers of Munster in the second half of the eighteenth century / Maíre Kennedy
- Humble pie : John Fletcher, business, politics and the Chester chronicle / Victoria Gardner
- Sarah Hodgson and the business of print, 1800-1822 / Ria Snowdon
- Latter struggles in the life of a provincial bookseller and printer : George Miller of Dunbar, Scotland / Graham Hogg
- Manchester men and Manchester magazines : publishing periodicals in the provinces in the nineteenth century / Michael Powell & Terry Wyke
- National enterprise and domestic periodicals in nineteenth-century Ireland / Elizabeth Tilley
- Selling the news : distributing Wrexham's newspapers, 1850-1900 / Lisa Peters & Kath Skinner
- 'The retail newsagents of Lancashire are on strike' : the dispute between the Lancashire retail newsagents and the 'northern wholesalers', February-September 1914 / Stephen Colclough.