Inmann, Christiane, Forbidden fruit , c2009
- Forbidden fruit : a history of women and books in art / Christiane Inmann.
- Munich ; Prestel, c2009.
New York : Prestel, c2009.
- Physical Description:
- 216 p. : col. ill. ; 29 cm.
- Reference LibraryCIEAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 213-215).
- First steps: from the cradle of civilization to the Middle Ages -- Piety and luxury: women reading in the sixteenth through eighteenth centuries -- Connecting with books: the nineteenth century -- Reading becomes art: the twentieth century.
- Subject Terms:
- Books in art.Portrait painting -- History.Women -- Portraits -- History.Women in art.