Inmann, Christiane, Forbidden fruit , c2009
Forbidden fruit : a history of women and books in art / Christiane Inmann.
- Munich ; Prestel, c2009.
New York : Prestel, c2009.
- Physical Description:
- 216 p. : col. ill. ; 29 cm.
- Reference LibraryCIEAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 213-215).
- Subject Terms:
- Books in art.Portrait painting -- History.Women -- Portraits -- History.Women in art.
- First steps: from the cradle of civilization to the Middle Ages
- Piety and luxury: women reading in the sixteenth through eighteenth centuries
- Connecting with books: the nineteenth century
- Reading becomes art: the twentieth century.