IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Inmann, Christiane, Forbidden fruit , c2009
Forbidden fruit : a history of women and books in art / Christiane Inmann.
- Munich ; Prestel, c2009.
New York : Prestel, c2009.
- Physical Description:
- 216 p. : col. ill. ; 29 cm.
- Reference LibraryCIEAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email email@example.com]
- Full Orbis Record:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 213-215).
- Subject Terms:
- Books in art.Portrait painting -- History.Women -- Portraits -- History.Women in art.
- First steps: from the cradle of civilization to the Middle Ages
- Piety and luxury: women reading in the sixteenth through eighteenth centuries
- Connecting with books: the nineteenth century
- Reading becomes art: the twentieth century.