Robertson, David, active 1794, A tour through the Isle of Man , 1794
- A tour through the Isle of Man : to which is subjoined a review of the Manks history / by David Robertson, Esq.
- London : Printed for the author, by E. Hodson, Bell-Yard, Temple-Bar. Sold by Mr. Payne, News-Gate; Mess. Egertons, Whitehall; Whites, Fleet-Street; and Deighton, Holborn, 1794.
- Physical Description:
- , 235,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 27 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670.M2 R63 1794+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670.M2 R63 1794+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Aquatint engravings by and after George Isham Parkyns.
A reissue of the 1794, 233-page edition. The democratical passage (p. 233-235) for which the author was prosecuted and imprisoned is present.
Last page blank.
ESTC (RLIN), T100101
BAC : British Art Center has 2 copies. Copy 1 includes an added folding map of the Isle of Man. Engravings are uncolored. Bound in tree calf. Copy 2 has hand-colored illustrations. Bound in contemporary boards. Publisher's printed spine label: A tour through the Isle of Man. Price on Guinea in boards. Illegible ms. inscription dated 1795 on recto first free end paper. Annotations in ink on back fly leaf.
- Subject Terms:
- Deighton -- BooksellerEgerton, Mess. -- BooksellerGreat Britain -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.Hodson, E. -- PrinterIsle of Man -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.Isle of Man -- History -- Early works to 1800.Payne, Mr. -- BooksellerWhites -- Bookseller
- Aquatints -- 1794.
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1794.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.