The ornamentist, or Artisan's manual in the various branches of ornamental art : being a series of designs selected from the works of Dietterlin, Berain, Blondell, Meisonier, Le Pautre, Zahn, Boetticher, and the best French and German ornamentalists ; with an introductory essay on ornamental art / by W.B. Scott, of the Government School of Design, Newcastle.
- Additional Title(s):
Artisan's manual in the various branches of ornamental art
- London ; A. Fullarton and Co., 1845.
Dublin ; A. Fullarton and Co., 1845.
Edinburgh : A. Fullarton and Co., 1845.
- Physical Description:
- , 21,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 37 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNK1345 .S36 1845+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Contains a collection of designs. Images include scrolls, shields, designs drawn from Italianate-style architecture, Moorish decorations from the Alhambra, and Louis Quatorze furniture.
"Edinburgh: Fullarton and Co., printers, Leith Walk."--Title page verso.
With an added engraved t.p.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's (?) dark green cloth, rebacked (?). Bookplate: The Royal Society of Arts Library. Stamp in blue ink on t.p. : R.S.A.
- Subject Terms:
- A. Fullarton and Co. -- Publisher.Decoration and ornament, Baroque.Decoration and ornament, Rococo.Decorative arts.Pattern books.Royal Society of Arts Library -- Bookplate.
- Lithographs -- 1845.
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1845.
YCBA Collections Search
Scott, William Bell, 1811-1890, The ornamentist, or Artisan's manual in the various branches of ornamental art , 1845
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.