Horn's Description of Dover : containing a concise account of the castle, heights, harbour, and town, also of the plan for its improvement and enlargement : likewise some useful information to travellers, respecting the custom house, passage vessels, &c. &c. &c., embellished with an accurate coloured view of Dover castle and the town.
- Dover : Printed by and for J. Horn ... and sold by Messrs. Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, and Brown ... London ..., 1817.
- Physical Description:
- , 126 p.,  leaf of plates : ill. ; 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690 D7 H6 1817View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Abbey, J.R. Scenery of Great Britain and Ireland in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 134
British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy and is bound in original pink boards, as issued, with an advertisement for books published by J. Horn on back cover.
Printed by J. Horn, Dover.
- Subject Terms:
- Dover (England) -- Guidebooks.Horn, J. -- Printer.Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, and Brown -- Publisher.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1817.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.