Hughes, Eleanor, 1971-, "This ship to all the rest did I prefer", 2009
- "This ship to all the rest did I prefer" [videorecording] : the collecting of Dutch and British seascapes / keynote lecture by Eleanor Hughes at the Yale Center for British Art, May 27, 2009.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Collecting of Dutch and British seascapes
- New Haven : Yale Center for British Art, 2009.
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (DVD) (73 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Reference LibraryDVD 110Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Computer Files
- Live recording of the opening lecture by Eleanor Hughes, Assistant Curator of Exhibitions and Publications, Yale Center for British Art, for the exhibition This ship to all the rest did I prefer : the collecting of Dutch and British seascapes. This exhibition is of more than 30 British and Dutch marine oil paintings and watercolours given in appreciation of Choh Shiu and Man Foo U, loving parents, and Dorothea and Frank Cockett, dear friends and held at the Yale Center for British Art
- Subject Terms:
- Marine painting, British -- 18th century -- Exhibitions.Marine painting, British -- 19th century -- Exhibitions.