The tongue cut sparrow.
- Additional Title(s):
Shitakiri suzume. English.
- Tōkyō : Hasegawa Takejirō, [188-?]
- Physical Description:
-  p. : col. ill. ; 16 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPN989.J3 S513 1880zYale Center for British Art, Gift of Elizabeth and Horace Tower in memory of Cynthia Gay WrightAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Cover title. Series statement at head of title.
Title, in Japanese, on p.  of cover: Shitakiri suzume.
Translated and told by David Thompson. With chromoxylographic illustrations by Sensai Eitaku. Cf. The 1886 ed.
On double leaves, traditional East Asian binding style (fukurotoji). Crepe paper.
- Subject Terms:
- Fairy tales -- Japan.Folklore -- Japan.
- Chromoxylographs -- 188-.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.