Views of Margate.
- [London : T. Simpson, Darling & Thompson, 1813?]
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : all ill. ; 24 x 37 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690.M42 W55 1813+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Title from publisher's printed cover label.
Aquatint engravings by and after William Pickett.
Imprint on plates is dated April 9, 1797.
The six plates appear to be the same as those originally published in 1797 as: Six views of Margate and its environs.
Wrappers in BAC copy are watermarked 1813.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery of Great Britain and Ireland in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 271
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. In green wrappers, with publisher's printed title label.
- Subject Terms:
- Darling & Thompson -- Publisher.Margate (England) -- Pictorial works.Simpson, T. -- Publisher.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1813.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.