Promiscuous assemblage, friendship & the order of things , 2009
- Promiscuous assemblage, friendship & the order of things : an installation by Jane Wildgoose in celebration of the friendship between Mrs. Delany & the Duchess Dowager of Portland.
- New Haven : Yale Center for British Art, 2009.
- Physical Description:
- 44 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Reference LibraryNJ18.W636452 P76 2009 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- "On view from September 24th, 2009 to January 3, 2010 at the Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, Connecticut, USA and from February 18th to May 1st, 2010 at Sir John Soane's Museum, London"
A primary point of reference for this work was: A catalogue of the Portland Museum : lately the property of the Duchess Dowager of Portland, deceased : which will be sold by auction, by Mr. Skinner and Co. on Monday the 24th of April, 1786 (London : Skinner and Co., 1786).
- Subject Terms:
- Cabinets of curiosities -- Exhibitions.Collectors and collecting -- England -- Exhibitions.Delany, Mrs. (Mary), 1700-1788 -- Friends and associates.Installations (Art)Portland, Margaret Cavendish Holles Harley Bentinck, Duchess of, 1715-1785 -- Friends and associates.Skinner and Co. (London, England) Catalogue of the Portland Museum.Wildgoose, Jane -- Exhibitions.