Timms, William Henry, b. 1791, Twelve views of the town of Reading , May 5th, 1823
- Twelve views of the town of Reading : gentlemens seats, &c.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Select views of the borough of Reading, and adjacent scenery
- [Reading] : Published by J. Rusher, King Street, Reading, May 5th, 1823.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : all ill. ; 25 x 35 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2009 105Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Publisher's printed title label on cover: Select views of the borough of Reading, and adjacent scenery. Price, twelve shillings.
Title page is engraved.
A variant of Abbey, Scenery 294. Appears to have been printed two weeks earlier.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery, 295
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in original brown paper wrappers, with printed title label. ALS, 1 Nov. 1938, from T. Stephenson (of James Rimmell & Son, Ltd.) to J.R. Abbey, discussing this work, removed to Object file.
- Views of Reading from Red Lane -- Duke Street from the Bridge -- King Street -- View of the Corn Market, obelisk & St. Lawrence Church -- Horne Street & St. Giles Church -- St. Mary's Church -- London Road from Reading -- Part of Castle Street from the Turnpike -- Luckley House Sonning- Palmer. Esqr. -- Coley House J.B. Monck Esqr. M.P. -- Coll. Marsack's. -- Caversham Bridge.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture, Domestic -- England -- Reading.Country homes -- England -- Reading -- Pictorial works.Etching -- Specimens -- 1823.Landscape -- England -- Reading.Reading (England) -- Pictorial works.Rusher, J. -- Publisher.
- Aquatints -- 1823.
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1823.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.