Timms, William Henry, b. 1791, Twelve views of the town of Reading , May 5th, 1823
Twelve views of the town of Reading : gentlemens seats, &c.
- Additional Title(s):
Select views of the borough of Reading, and adjacent scenery
- [Reading] : Published by J. Rusher, King Street, Reading, May 5th, 1823.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : all ill. ; 25 x 35 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2009 105Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Publisher's printed title label on cover: Select views of the borough of Reading, and adjacent scenery. Price, twelve shillings.
Title page is engraved.
A variant of Abbey, Scenery 294. Appears to have been printed two weeks earlier.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery of Great Britain and Ireland in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 295
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in original brown paper wrappers, with printed title label. ALS, 1 Nov. 1938, from T. Stephenson (of James Rimmell & Son, Ltd.) to J.R. Abbey, discussing this work, removed to Object file.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture, Domestic -- England -- Reading.Country homes -- England -- Reading -- Pictorial works.Etching -- Specimens -- 1823.Landscape -- England -- Reading.Reading (England) -- Pictorial works.Rusher, J. -- Publisher.
- Aquatints -- 1823.
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1823.
- Views of Reading from Red Lane
- Duke Street from the Bridge
- King Street
- View of the Corn Market, obelisk & St. Lawrence Church
- Horne Street & St. Giles Church
- St. Mary's Church
- London Road from Reading
- Part of Castle Street from the Turnpike
- Luckley House Sonning- Palmer. Esqr.
- Coley House J.B. Monck Esqr. M.P.
- Coll. Marsack's.
- Caversham Bridge.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.