Diorama, Regent's Park , [1837?]
- Diorama, Regent's Park : description of the two pictures now exhibiting, viz. the Basilica of St. Paul, near Rome, and the village of Alagna, in Piedmont, painted by le chevalier Bouton.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Description of the two pictures now exhibiting, viz. the Basilica of St. Paul, near Rome, and the village of Alagna, in Piedmont
Basilica of St. Paul, near Rome, and the village of Alagna, in Piedmont
- London : T. Romney, Printer, 83 and 84, Bridge Road, Lambeth [1837?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 folded sheet (3,  p.) ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND2882 .D56 1837Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Caption title.
Imprint from p. .
"The village of Alagna"--P. .
Diorama of the village of Alagna, showing views before and after the avalanche which destroyed the village in 1820, was first exhibited in 1836. The diorama of the Basilica of St. Paul, showing the effects of a fire that destroyed the church in 1823, first exhibited in 1837, with reruns in 1838 and 1843. Cf. Altick.
Altick, R.D. Shows of London, p. 170
- Subject Terms:
- Alagna (Italy) in art.Amusements -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Bouton, Charles-Marie, 1781-1853. Basilica of St. Paul.Bouton, Charles-Marie, 1781-1853. Village of Alagna.Diorama -- England -- London.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Romney, T. -- Printer.San Paolo fuori le mura (Church : Rome, Italy)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.