Cunningham, Allan, 1784-1842, The lives of the most eminent British painters and sculptors. , 1840
The lives of the most eminent British painters and sculptors. / By Allan Cunningham. ; In three volumes.
- Harper's stereotype edition.
- New-York : Harper & Brothers, 82 Cliff-Street, 1840.
- Physical Description:
- 3 v. : ports. ; 16 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN6796 .C85 1840Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Jules D. Prown, MAH 1971Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "The family library. No. 17[-19] Painters and sculptors. Vol. 1[-3]."--Spine.
Frontispiece portraits of William Hogarth, Benjamin West, and John Flaxman engraved by Illman & Pilbrow after William Hogarth, Thomas Lawrence, and John Jackson.
Edition statement at head of title.
Vol. 1: , 14-305,  p.,  leaf of plates; v. 2: 273,  p.,  leaf of plates; v. 3: 315,  p.  leaf of plates. Last page of each volume blank.
Checklist Amer. imprints 40-1766
Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Jules D. Prown, MAH 1971
- Subject Terms:
- Engraving -- Specimens -- 1840.Flaxman, John, 1755-1826 -- Portraits.Hallowell Social Library -- Bookplate.Hogarth, William, 1697-1764 -- Portraits.Painters -- Great Britain -- Biography.Prown, Jules David -- Provenance.Sculptors -- Great Britain -- Biography.West, Benjamin, 1738-1820 -- Portraits.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.