Cunningham, Allan, 1784-1842, The lives of the most eminent British painters and sculptors. , 1841
- The lives of the most eminent British painters and sculptors. / By Allan Cunningham. ; In five volumes. Vol. IV[-V].
- Harper's stereotype edition.
- New-York: : Published by Harper & Brothers, No. 82 Cliff-Street., 1841.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ports. ; 16 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN6796 .C85 1841Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Jules D. Prown, MAH 1971Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Frontispiece portraits of J.S. Copley and Thomas Lawrence engraved by Stephen Henry Gimber, the first from a painting by Gainsborough.
Edition statement at head of title.
"The family library. No. 66[-67] Painters and sculptors. Vol. 4[-5]."--spine.
Vol. 4 and 5 of a five volume set; v. 1-3 were published as no. 17-19 in Harper's family library.
Vol. 4: 258 p.,  leaf of plates; v. 5: 269, , 6 p.,  leaf of plates.
Checklist Amer. imprints 0
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original gilt-stamped cloth. Bookplate: Hallowell Social Library.
- Subject Terms:
- Copley, John Singleton, 1738-1815 -- Portraits.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1838.Hallowell Social Library -- Bookplate.Lawrence, Thomas, Sir, 1769-1830 -- Portraits.Painters -- Great Britain -- Biography.Prown, Jules David -- Provenance.Sculptors -- Great Britain -- Biography.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.