Kelly, Jason M, The Society of Dilettanti , c2009
The Society of Dilettanti : archaeology and identity in the British enlightenment / Jason Kelly.
- New Haven : Yale University Press, c2009.
- Physical Description:
- xvii, 366 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Reference LibraryN12.S64 K46 2009 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Illustration on lining paper.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Aesthetics, British -- 18th century.Archaeology -- Great Britain -- History -- 18th century.Great Britain -- Intellectual life -- 18th century.Group identity -- Great Britain -- History -- 18th century.Science -- Social aspects -- Great Britain -- History -- 18th century.Society of Dilettanti (London, England)
- The dilettanti culture of the eighteenth century
- Libertinism and masculine association in enlightenment London
- Charlemont and Wood in the making of British classical archaeology
- Architecture and archaeology in enlightenment thought
- Archaeology and identity in the British enlightenment
- A "kind of Turkish fabrick": the ethnographic function of the archaeological topography
- The Dilettanti at the end of the enlightenment.