Japanese street scenes calendar for 1907, 1906]
- Japanese street scenes calendar for 1907.
- [Tokyo : Hasegawa, 1906]
- Physical Description:
-  p. : all ill. ; 20 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsCE38 .J37 1907Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Elizabeth and Horace Tower in memory of Cynthia Gay WrightAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Consists entirely of colored illustrations of Japanese scenes, one picture accompanying the calendar for each month. The calendars are in English. Colophon in Japanese.
Printed on double leaves, Japanese style.
BAC: British Art Center copy printed on double leaves of crepe paper, folded in the Japanese style.
- Jan. Sunrise on New Year's morning -- Feb. A drill in the snow -- Mar. The Shokonsha Festival -- Apr. Students' athletics -- May. A country scene -- June. The coast of Manchuria -- July. After the rainy season. -- Aug. Mt. Fuji upside down -- Sep. Ice water shop -- Oct. A foggy morning -- Nov. A Korean village -- Dec. Fishing in the rain.
- Subject Terms:
- Art calendars.Calendars -- Japan.Japan -- Pictorial works.Japan -- Social life and customs.
- Calendars -- 1907.
Woodblock printed papers.
Crepe papers (Paper)
Wood engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1906.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.