- [Venice] : [s.n.], 
- Physical Description:
- 1 atlas ( leaves,  leaves of plates, some folded) : ill., maps, ports. ; 21 x 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsG1808.C67 I86 1706+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scales differ.
- A volume of the Teatro della guerra, by Vicenzo Coronelli.
Includes five major sections: England (and Wales), Scotland, Ireland, Oxford, and Cambridge. Also includes an engraving of the arms of Parma, and folding maps of Iceland, the Faroe Islands, Bermuda, and Jamaica.
The section on England includes 2 pages of printed text, 3 plates depicting costumes of the Order of the Garter, 27 maps (4 folding), and 27 views. Scotland: 2 pages of printed text, 1 heraldic plate, 6 maps (2 folding), and 1 view. Ireland: 2 pages of printed text, 1 heraldic plate, and 10 maps (2 folding). Oxford and Cambridge: 8 folding plates of academic costume. Cambridge: 2 heraldic plates, 1 map, and 22 views (4 folding). Oxford: 3 maps and 36 views (4 folding).
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary quarter sheep and marbled boards. Vicenzo Coronelli's trade card mounted on inside of front cover.
- Subject Terms:
- Academic costume -- England -- Cambridge -- Early works to 1800.Academic costume -- England -- Oxford -- Early works to 1800.British Isles -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.Cambridge (England) -- Buildings, structures, etc. -- Pictorial works -- Early works to 1800.Coronelli, Vincenzo, 1650-1718.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1706.Order of the Garter -- Early works to 1800.Oxford (England) -- Buildings, structures, etc. -- Pictorial works -- Early works to 1800.
- Atlases -- British Isles -- 1706.
Maps -- British Isles -- 1706.
Views -- British Isles -- 1706.
Trade cards -- Italy -- Venice -- 1706.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.