Short account of Lord Nelson's defeat of the French at the Nile : ... The view of Margate is in the upper circle : open from eight till dusk, 1799.
- [London] : J. Adlard, printer, no. 39, Duke Street, West Smithfield, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet : ill. ; 42 x 35 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2010 4Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Woodcut circular panorama depicting the battle at Aboukir Bay (1798), with title, imprint, and description of the battle in a center circle. The print advertises the show at Robert Barker's Panorama in Leicester Square.
At head of title: Panorama, Leicester Square.
Altick, R. Shows of London, p. 136
- Subject Terms:
- Adlard, James -- Printer.Great Britain -- History, Naval -- 19th century -- Early works to 1800.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- Early works to 1800.Great Britain. Royal Navy -- History -- Early works to 1800.Napoleonic Wars, 1800-1815 -- Naval operations, British -- Early works to 1800.Naval battles -- Great Britain -- History -- 19th century -- Early works to 1800.Nile, Battle of the, Egypt, 1798 -- Early works to 1800.Panoramas -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.
Woodcuts -- 1799.
YCBA Collections Search
Panorama (Leicester Square, London, England), Short account of Lord Nelson's defeat of the French at the Nile , 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.