Instruments of the imagination , c2009
Instruments of the imagination : a history of drawing instruments in Britain 1600-1850.
- Worcestershire [England] : Dawes Trust, c2009.
- Physical Description:
- iv, 136 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 30 cm.
- Reference LibraryNA1995 .I57 2009 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- "Howard Dawes ... identified as the author of this work ..."--T.p. verso and jacket.
Includes bibliographical references (p.131-132) and index.
Numerous items discussed in this book are included in the exhibition, Compass and rule, architecture as mathematical practice in England, 1500-1750, at the Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, February 4 - April 25, 2010.
- Subject Terms:
- Architectural drawing -- Technique.Compasses (Mathematical instruments)Drawing -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Drawing instruments -- Great Britain.