Instruments of the imagination , c2009
- Instruments of the imagination : a history of drawing instruments in Britain 1600-1850.
- Worcestershire [England] : Dawes Trust, c2009.
- Physical Description:
- iv, 136 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 30 cm.
- Reference LibraryNA1995 .I57 2009 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- "Howard Dawes ... identified as the author of this work ..."--T.p. verso and jacket.
Includes bibliographical references (p.131-132) and index.
Numerous items discussed in this book are included in the exhibition, Compass and rule, architecture as mathematical practice in England, 1500-1750, at the Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, February 4 - April 25, 2010.
- Subject Terms:
- Architectural drawing -- Technique.Compasses (Mathematical instruments)Drawing -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Drawing instruments -- Great Britain.