Powell, Joseph, 1780-1834, Progressive lessons in drawings , 1820-1821
Progressive lessons in drawings / by J. Powell, No. 14 Allsops buildings, New Road, Marylebone.
- London : Published by J. Dickinson, 1820-1821
- Physical Description:
- 3 volumes : all illustrations ; 23 x 33 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A N 175Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Each part consists of four soft-ground etchings, each plate with multiple illustrations. Subjects include rural buildings and trees.
BAC: British Art Center copy comprises parts 1 and 3 only (numbered in ms. on cover titles). Bound in publisher's original illustrated wrappers.
- Subject Terms:
- Dickinson, J. -- Publisher.Drawing -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Drawing -- Technique.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Landscape drawing -- Technique.
- Drawing books.
Soft-ground etchings -- 1820-1821.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.