Kenilworth Castle in the 16th, 18th, & 19th centuries : displayed in thirteen lithographic prints / by William Hawkes Smith ...
- Birmingham : Printed by W. Hawkes Smith, sold by the booksellers in Birmingham, Warwick, Leamington, & Coventry and by Messrs. Longman Hurst & Co. London, 1821.
- Physical Description:
-  p.,  leaves of plates ; chiefly ill. ; 20 x 33 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A D 89Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Illustrations by and after William Hawkes Smith.
Bound in original stitched wrappers, as issued.
William Hawkes Smith established his press in Birmingham probably in late 1819. This publication seems to be the first substantial work to be issued from England's second provincial lithographic press (Note: Smith not in Twyman; info. from bookseller's description).
Printer and publisher from front wrapper.
- Subject Terms:
- Kenilworth Castle (Kenilworth, England)Lithography -- Specimens -- 1821.Smith, W. Hawkes (William Hawkes) -- Autograph.
- Drawing books.
YCBA Collections Search
Smith, W. Hawkes (William Hawkes), Kenilworth Castle in the 16th, 18th, & 19th centuries , 1821
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.