Needle case [realia]
- Physical Description:
- 1 needle case ; 68 x 44 mm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNK8806 .N44 1820Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- Early 19th-century needle case, bound in red morocco. The words "Forget me not" are stamped in gilt on the binding, along with a small lyre and floral device; the item may have been given as a token of affection. The interior of the case is in green morocco, with two pockets and four small sheets of felt (affixed at the hinge) in which to hold needles. A pin cushion is integretated into the front. The loop portion of the flap style binding is lacking.
- Subject Terms:
- Needlework -- Equipment and supplies -- Specimens.Pins and needles -- Specimens.Sewing -- Equipment and supplies -- Specimens.
- Needle cases.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.