Thirty four lessons for drawing the human figure : engraved from the original drawings of Bartolozzi and adapted to the use of students in the polite arts.
- Additional Title(s):
Easy principles for drawing the human figure
- London : Published by Ackermann & Co. 96, Strand, [ca. 1828]
- Physical Description:
-  leavesof plates : ill. ; 38 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC765 .B37 1828a+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Added illustrated title page: Easy principles for drawing the human figure; from Bartolozzi, & Cipriani. Published by Ackermann & Co. London. Price £1.1.
Stipple engravings by John Walker and John Whessell; after Walter Paton, Giovanni Cipriani, and Francesco Bartolozzi.
Title-page and added illustrated title page are engraved.
Bridson, G. Plant, animal & anatomical illustration, E191
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in original illustrated wrappers.
- Subject Terms:
- Ackermann & Co. -- Publisher.Drawing -- Technique.Drawing books -- Specimens.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Human figure in art.Stipple engraving -- Specimens -- 19th century.
- Drawing books.
YCBA Collections Search
Bartolozzi, Francesco, 1727-1815, Thirty four lessons for drawing the human figure , [ca. 1828]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.