Wild flowers worth notice : being a selection from the British flora of some of our native plants, which are most attractive from their beauty, uses, or associations / by Mrs. Lankester ; fully illustrated by J.E. Sowerby.
- London : R. Hardwicke, 1861.
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 138,  p.,  leaves of plates : col. ill. ; 17 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsQK306 .L36 1861Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Title stamped in gilt on front cover: Wild flowers by Mrs. Lankester.
Publisher's advertisement,  p. at end.
Of green leaf, bird, and flower: artists' books and the natural world, p. 78
Selected exhibitions: "'Of Green Leaf, Bird, and Flower': Artists' Books and the Natural World" (Yale Center for British Art, May 15 - August 10, 2014).
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's blind- and gilt-stamped green cloth; gilt edges. Publisher's advertisements on verso of front cover and recto of back cover.
- Subject Terms:
- Botany -- Great Britain.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Wild flowers -- Great Britain.
- Wood engravings.
- IIIF Manifest: