Conversations on botany : with plates.
- 6th ed.
- London : Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown and Green, Paternoster-Row, 1828.
- Physical Description:
- xix, , 278 p., 21 leaves of plates : col. ill. ; 18 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsQK45 .F58 1828Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FunView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- By Elizabeth and Sarah Mary Fitton. Sometimes attributed to Jane Marcet (Halkett & Laing; Guide to the literature of botany by Benjamin D. Jackson).
Engravings by Thomas (?) Milton.
Printed by A. & R. Spottiswoode, New-Street-Square.
Osborne Collection of early children's books, 1566-1910, II:823
Erratum, p. [xx].
Explanation of the botanical terms: p. 241-262.
General index: p. 263-278.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in dark green diced calf with gilt panelled spine and red morocco label; gilt dentelles and gilt edges. Bookseller's ticket: Old Land Bookseller, 28 Corn Street, Bristol.
- Subject Terms:
- A. & R. Spottiswoode -- Printer.Botany -- Juvenile literature.Engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- 1828.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown and Green -- Publisher.Natural history -- Study and teaching.
- Juvenile literature -- 1828.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.