Women and things, 1750-1950 : gendered material strategies / edited by Maureen Daly Goggin and Beth Fowkes Tobin.
- Additional Title(s):
Women & things
- Farnham, England ; Ashgate, c2009.
Burlington, VT : Ashgate, c2009.
- Physical Description:
- xxii, 373 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Reference LibraryNK1174 .W63 2009 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -363) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Identity (Psychology) in art.Material culture -- Psychological aspects.Material culture -- Social aspects.Women and the decorative arts.Women artists.
- Fabricating identity : Janie Terrero's 1912 embroidered English suffrage signature handkerchief / Maureen Daly Goggin
- Stitching the self : Eliza Kenniff's drawers and the materialization of identity in late-nineteenth-century London / Vivienne Richmond
- Material culture, identity, and colonial society in the Canadian fur trade / Laura Peers
- From ruffs to regalia : Tlingit dolls and the embodiment of identity / Megan A. Smetzer
- Female crafts : women and bricolage in late Georgian Britain, 1750-1820 / Ariane Fennetaux
- Reading circles, crafts, and flower arranging : everyday items in the silhouettes of Luise Duttenhofer (1776-1829) / Julia Sedda
- Preservation and permanence : American women and nature fancywork in the nineteenth century / Andrea Kolasinski Marcinkus
- Material histories : the scrapbooks of progressive-era women's organizations, 1875-1930 / Amy Mecklenburg-Faenger
- Materials of the "everyday" woman writer : letter-writing in eighteenth-century England and America / Cheryl Nixon and Lousie Penner
- Inside out : sculptures by women in the Metropolitan public space (Paris, London, Brusssels, 1750-1950) / Marjan Sterckx
- The butter sculpture of Caroline Shawk Brooks (1840-1913) / Rebecca Bedell and Margaret Samu
- Cooking "delicious and wholesome food" in post-revolutionary Russia / Lyubov G. Gurjeva and Maria Eichmans Cochran
- Gifting and fetishization : the portrait miniature of Sally Foster Otis as a maker of female memory / Katherine Rieder
- (Re)collecting herself : Jennie Drew's autograph album, mnemonic activity, and the creation of feminine subjectivity / Lisa Reid Ricker
- Crosses, cloaks, and globes : women's material culture of mourning on the Brittany coast / Maura Coughlin
- Monumental visions : women sculptors and World War I / Jennifer Wingate
- Place as material culture and restorative tool : Yanyuwa women's ceremony places in northern Australia / Amanda Kearney.