Women and things, 1750-1950 : gendered material strategies / edited by Maureen Daly Goggin and Beth Fowkes Tobin.
- Additional Title(s):
Women & things
- Farnham, England ; Ashgate, c2009.
Burlington, VT : Ashgate, c2009.
- Physical Description:
- xxii, 373 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Reference LibraryNK1174 .W63 2009 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email email@example.com]
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -363) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Identity (Psychology) in art.Material culture -- Psychological aspects.Material culture -- Social aspects.Women and the decorative arts.Women artists.
- Fabricating identity : Janie Terrero's 1912 embroidered English suffrage signature handkerchief / Maureen Daly Goggin
- Stitching the self : Eliza Kenniff's drawers and the materialization of identity in late-nineteenth-century London / Vivienne Richmond
- Material culture, identity, and colonial society in the Canadian fur trade / Laura Peers
- From ruffs to regalia : Tlingit dolls and the embodiment of identity / Megan A. Smetzer
- Female crafts : women and bricolage in late Georgian Britain, 1750-1820 / Ariane Fennetaux
- Reading circles, crafts, and flower arranging : everyday items in the silhouettes of Luise Duttenhofer (1776-1829) / Julia Sedda
- Preservation and permanence : American women and nature fancywork in the nineteenth century / Andrea Kolasinski Marcinkus
- Material histories : the scrapbooks of progressive-era women's organizations, 1875-1930 / Amy Mecklenburg-Faenger
- Materials of the "everyday" woman writer : letter-writing in eighteenth-century England and America / Cheryl Nixon and Lousie Penner
- Inside out : sculptures by women in the Metropolitan public space (Paris, London, Brusssels, 1750-1950) / Marjan Sterckx
- The butter sculpture of Caroline Shawk Brooks (1840-1913) / Rebecca Bedell and Margaret Samu
- Cooking "delicious and wholesome food" in post-revolutionary Russia / Lyubov G. Gurjeva and Maria Eichmans Cochran
- Gifting and fetishization : the portrait miniature of Sally Foster Otis as a maker of female memory / Katherine Rieder
- (Re)collecting herself : Jennie Drew's autograph album, mnemonic activity, and the creation of feminine subjectivity / Lisa Reid Ricker
- Crosses, cloaks, and globes : women's material culture of mourning on the Brittany coast / Maura Coughlin
- Monumental visions : women sculptors and World War I / Jennifer Wingate
- Place as material culture and restorative tool : Yanyuwa women's ceremony places in northern Australia / Amanda Kearney.