A tour through England , 1821
- A tour through England : described in a series of letters, from a young gentleman to his sister ; with a new map and several copper-plates.
- Fourth edition, with additions, revised and corrected by T.H.
- London : William Darton, 58, Holborn Hill, 1821.
- Physical Description:
- iv, 212 p.,  leaves of plates : ill., map ; 14 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA625 .T68 1821Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Osborne Coll., I:192
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary roan back marbled boards. Ms inscription: Jane Robinson 1847.
- Journey from Oxford to Southampton -- Southampton, Tour of the Isle of Wight, &c. -- Lymington, Rumsey, Salisbury, Wilton, and Stonehenge -- Dorchester, Weymouth, Portland, Lyme Regis, and Sidmouth -- Exeter, Dawlish, Totnes, Plymouth, and Mount Edgecumbe -- Journey through Cornwall, from Plymouth to the Land's End, and back to Bodmin -- Journey from Bodmin, through Barnstaple, Taunton, and Wells to Bath -- Bath, Bristol, and the Hot-wells; Piercefield, Tintern Abbey, and Caerleon -- Tour through part of South Wales -- Tour from Monmouth to Cheltenham -- Description of Cheltenham -- Malvern, Worcester, Hagley, the Leasowes, and Birmingham -- The wonders of the peak, &c. -- Tour of the Lakes through York, to Cambridge -- Description of Cambridge, and Journey to London -- Rapid glance of the Metropolis -- Journey from London to Oxford, by Stow, and Blenheim.
- Subject Terms:
- Darton, William -- Publisher.England -- Description and travel.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1821.Natural history -- England.Robinson, Jane -- Autograph, 1847.Voyages and travels -- England.
- Juvenile literature -- 1821.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.