IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
A tour through England , 1821
A tour through England : described in a series of letters, from a young gentleman to his sister ; with a new map and several copper-plates.
- Fourth edition, with additions, revised and corrected by T.H.
- London : William Darton, 58, Holborn Hill, 1821.
- Physical Description:
- iv, 212 p.,  leaves of plates : ill., map ; 14 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA625 .T68 1821Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Osborne Collection of early children's books, 1566-1910, I:192
Gumuchian & cie. Livres de l'enfance du XVe au XIXe siècle, 5607
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary roan back marbled boards. Ms inscription: Jane Robinson 1847.
- Subject Terms:
- Darton, William -- Publisher.England -- Description and travel.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1821.Natural history -- England.Robinson, Jane -- Autograph, 1847.Voyages and travels -- England.
- Juvenile literature -- 1821.
- Journey from Oxford to Southampton
- Southampton, Tour of the Isle of Wight, &c.
- Lymington, Rumsey, Salisbury, Wilton, and Stonehenge
- Dorchester, Weymouth, Portland, Lyme Regis, and Sidmouth
- Exeter, Dawlish, Totnes, Plymouth, and Mount Edgecumbe
- Journey through Cornwall, from Plymouth to the Land's End, and back to Bodmin
- Journey from Bodmin, through Barnstaple, Taunton, and Wells to Bath
- Bath, Bristol, and the Hot-wells; Piercefield, Tintern Abbey, and Caerleon
- Tour through part of South Wales
- Tour from Monmouth to Cheltenham
- Description of Cheltenham
- Malvern, Worcester, Hagley, the Leasowes, and Birmingham
- The wonders of the peak, &c.
- Tour of the Lakes through York, to Cambridge
- Description of Cambridge, and Journey to London
- Rapid glance of the Metropolis
- Journey from London to Oxford, by Stow, and Blenheim.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.