The Sampler, or, A system of teaching plain needlework in schools / by a Lady.
- Additional Title(s):
System of teaching plain needlework in schools
- London : G.C. Caines, 1850.
- Physical Description:
- 103,  p.,  leaves of plates (1 folded) : ill. ; 17 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTT708.L33 S73 1850Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Advertisements to the second edition of this work identify the author as Lady Elizabeth Finch.
Printed by George Phipps, London.
British Museum. General catalogue of printed books to 1955 (compact edition), v. 8, p. 627
Eng. cat. of books, v. 1, p. 257
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original blind-stamped brown cloth.  p. of publisher's advertisments at end not included in pagination.
- Subject Terms:
- Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Needlework -- Study and teaching.Sewing -- Study and teaching.
- Wood engravings.
YCBA Collections Search
Finch, Elizabeth, -1879, The Sampler, or, A system of teaching plain needlework in schools , 1850
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.