Finch, Elizabeth, -1879, The Sampler, or, A system of teaching plain needlework in schools , 1850
- The Sampler, or, A system of teaching plain needlework in schools / by a Lady.
- Alternate Title(s):
System of teaching plain needlework in schools
- London : G.C. Caines, 1850.
- Physical Description:
- 103,  p.,  leaves of plates (1 folded) : ill. ; 17 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTT708.L33 S73 1850Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Advertisements to the second edition of this work identify the author as Lady Elizabeth Finch.
Printed by George Phipps, London.
BM (compact edition), v. 8, p. 627
Eng. cat. of books, v. 1, p. 257
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original blind-stamped brown cloth.  p. of publisher's advertisments at end not included in pagination.
- Subject Terms:
- Caines, G. C. -- Publisher.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Needlework -- Study and teaching.Sewing -- Study and teaching.
- Wood engravings -- 1850.
Engravings -- 1850.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.