IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Barr, J. T. (John T.), The governess, or, the missing pencil-case , [ca. 1870]
The governess, or, the missing pencil-case : and The country churchyard / by the Rev. J. T. Barr.
- London : S. W. Partridge & Co., [ca. 1870]
- Physical Description:
- , 61,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR4069.B35 G68 1870Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Wood engravings by John Knight,
"Twentieth thousand"--Title page.
With an added engraved title page.
With an advertisement for works by the Rev. Richard Newton on final page.
BAC: British Arrt Center copy bound in publisher's blind- and gilt-stamped maroon cloth. Publisher's advertisements on front paste-down and first free end paper and on last free endpaper and back paste down. Contains a 16 page catalog of illustrated publications by S.W. Partridge & Co. at end, not included in pagination.
- Subject Terms:
- Religious fiction, English.S.W. Partridge & Co. -- Publisher.
- Wood engravings -- 1862.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.