Dyke, Thomas, schoolmaster, Reading made perfectly easy, or, An introduction to the reading the Holy Bible , MDCCXCVIII 
- Reading made perfectly easy, or, An introduction to the reading the Holy Bible : consisting of lessons so disposed, that the learner is led on with pleasure from easy to more hard words, which is the only rational method of teaching ; being sentences from Scripture and other books, on moral and religious subjects ; also Scripture stories, very pleasant and advantageous to youth, to prepare them to understand the Holy Scriptures / by T. Dyke, School-Master, in London.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Reading made perfectly easy
Introduction to the reading the Holy Bible
- The thirty-eighth edition / with large additions and improvements, by D. Fenning, author of the Universal spelling-book, &c. to which are subjoined, six familiar fables, with an instructive moral to each of them. To this edition is added, the catechism of the Church of England, divided into sentences, to prevent the learner from making improper stops; for the use not only of Sunday, but of schools in general.
- London : Printed for B. Crosby, Stationer's-Court; and B.C. Collins, Salisbury, MDCCXCVIII 
- Physical Description:
- 120 p. : ill. ; 16 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPE1127.B5 D95 1798Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "[Price Six-Pence.]"--Foot of title page.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary Hessian cloth. Autograph: Charlotte Mary Maitland.
- Subject Terms:
- Bible stories -- Early works to 1800.Bible. English Authorised.Christian literature for children -- Early works to 1800.Collins, B. C. -- Publisher.Crosby, B. -- Publisher.Maitland, Charlotte Mary -- Autograph.Primers (Prayer books) -- Church of England.Readers (Primary) -- Early works to 1800.Woodcut -- Specimens -- 1798.
- Primers (Instructional books)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.