Cottage scenes : being a collection of pastoral tales, illustrative of rural manners : and calculated for the improvement of juvenile readers / by Anne Elizabeth Oulton.
- London : Printed by and for William Cole, 10, Newgate Street, [1825?]
- Physical Description:
- 88,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 15 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR5112.O18 C68 1825Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- William Cole worked at this address from 1826-1827. Cf. Brown, London publishers and printers. British Art Center copy is inscribed 1825.
"Eighteen Pence, half-bound."--Foot of title page.
Publisher's catalog:  p. at end.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in dark green roan backed marbled boards. Autograph: Mary Taylor's book, Barrhead, 1825.
- Subject Terms:
- Children's stories.Country life -- Juvenile literature.Taylor, Mary -- Autograph, Barrhead, 1825.
- Juvenile literature
- The rural feast
- The little villagers
- The cottage recluse
- Rustic hospitality
- The good maid of the village
- The little negro
- The rustic stranger
- Country education.