Nine wild plants / Tracey Bush.
- [London] : Fathom Five Books, 2006.
- Physical Description:
-  p. : ill. ; 17 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.B87 N56 2006Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Tracey BushView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Artist's book. "The project began with reading that: 'It has been estimated that the average Western adult can recognise a thousand brand names and logos, but less than ten wild plants'. A range of people were posed the following question via e-mail: 'Which nine wild plants could you confidently identify?" The present work compiles 18 responses to this question.
Published in a signed and numbered edition.
Book was launched at an exhibition entitled "Creative 8" at Clerkenwell Green Association 1, 25 Nov. 2006.
Of green leaf, bird, and flower: artists' books and the natural world, p. 18.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 8, signed by the artist. In original printed wrappers. Other items produced for the exhibition Nine wild plants, and now in the collections of the Yale Center for British Art, include: the finished collage of Meadow buttercup (Ranunculus acris); the finished collage of Field poppy (Papaver rhoeas); drawing no. 1 (collage) and sketch no. 1 of Dandelion (Taraxacum officinale); and sketch no. 4 of Common nettle (Urtica dioica). The collection also includes a copy of the Nine wild plants artist's book.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Botanical illustration -- Great Britain.Branding (Marketing)Logos (Symbols)Plants -- Great Britain.Plants -- Identification.Wild flowers -- Great BritainWild flowers -- Identification.Women in natural history.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.