Rethinking the interior, c.1867-1896 : aestheticism and arts and crafts / edited by Jason Edwards, Imogen Hart.
- Additional Title(s):
Aestheticism and arts and crafts
- Surrey, UK ; Ashgate Pub. Co., 2010.
Burlington, VT : Ashgate Pub. Co., 2010.
- Physical Description:
- xi, 277 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Reference LibraryNK2043 .R48 2010 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -266) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Aesthetic movement (Art)Arts and crafts movement.Decorative arts -- Great Britain -- History -- 19th century.Decorative arts -- United States -- History -- 19th century.Interior decoration -- Great Britain -- History -- 19th century.Interior decoration -- United States -- History -- 19th century.
- Re-reading the green dining room / Sally-Anne Huxtable.--Superbundance and disorder: Ruskin's 'Two great evils' and the Church of St Mary, Studley Royal /Jane Hawkes.--An 'Enchanted interior": William Morris at Kelmscott House /Imogen Hart.--The lessons of Leighton House: aesthetics, politics, erotics /Jason Edwards.--'Fearful consequences ... of living up to one's teapot' : men, women and 'cultchah' in the aesthetic movement / anne Anderson.--'Of things both old and new' : the work of Richard Coad and James MacLaren / Paul Holden.--Paintings from nowhere: Walter Crane, socialism and the aesthetic interior / Morna O'Neill.--The aesthetics of community: queer interiors and the desire for intimacy / John Potvin.--'Baffling arrangements': Vernon Lee and John Singer Sargent in Queer Tangier / Diana Maltz.--Sculpture and aesthetic intent in the late-Victorian interior / Martina Droth.