The young artists assistant, or, A familiar introduction to the art of drawing, with instructions for colouring &c. / By J. Hassell, drawing master ; iIllustrated by plates displaying the first principles of the art, and a series of the passions, as expressed by the celebrated Le Brun.
- Additional Title(s):
Young artists assistant
Familiar introduction to the art of drawing, with instructions for colouring &c.
- London : Printed for Lackington, Allen & Co., Temple of the Muses, Finsbury Square, 1810.
- Physical Description:
- viii p., 36 leaves of plates : chiefly ill. ; 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC760 .H37 1810Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Illustrations engraved by Daniel Lizars.
"Printed by J.D. Dewick, 46, Barbican, London."--P. viii.
Le Brun's illustrations were first published in 1698 under title: Conférence de Monsieur Le Brun sur l'expression générale et particulière.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in original printed wrappers. Advertisement on back cover for Temple of the Muses, Finsbury Square.
- Subject Terms:
- Anatomy, Artistic -- Technique.Art -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Dewick, J.D. -- Printer.Drawing -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Drawing -- Technique.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1810.Figure drawing -- Technique.Lackington, Allen & Co. -- Publisher.Watercolor painting -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Watercolor painting -- Technique.
- Handbooks and manuals.
YCBA Collections Search
Hassell, J. (John), d. 1825, The young artists assistant, or, A familiar introduction to the art of drawing, with instructions for colouring &c. , 1810
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.