Schwarz, A, The horse, its external and internal organisation , 
- The horse, its external and internal organisation : an illustrated representation and brief description of the horse : dedicated to lovers and owners of horses, and designed for the instruction of non-commissioned officers and volunteers in Cavalry Regiments / by A. Schwarz, staff-veterinary surgeon in the First Royal Bavarian Regiment of Light Horse ; revised and edited by George Fleming ...
- Alternate Title(s):
- Pferd, sein Bau, seine inneren Organe. English
- London : George Philip & Son, 
- Physical Description:
- 24 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 19 x 26 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF279 .S39 1894+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- English translation of: Das Pferd, sein Bau, seine inneren Organe.
Date of publication from English Catalog of Books.
"Three shillings & sixpence nett [sic]: Printed in Germany."--Cover title.
The final illustration, mounted to the back cover, consists of three chromolithographic overlays (two of which are printed on both sides) showing the anatomy of a horse. This five-part diagram gives a detailed illustration of: 1. Divisions of the horse's body -- 2. The skeleton -- 3. The circulation of the blood -- 4. The muscles -- 5. The intestines, and part of an oblique section of the horse's body. Organs in the final plate are individually mounted and may be folded back to reveal other organs. All five plates are thoroughly keyed to a table of references (p. 21-24).
With wood-engraved diagrams within the text.
Eng. cat. of books, v. 5, p. 871
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in original illustratred paper boards.
- Subject Terms:
- George Philip & Son -- Publisher.Horses -- Anatomy.Horses -- Physiology.Toy and movable books -- Specimens.
- Chromolithographs -- 1894.
Wood engravings -- 1894.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.