The art of portrait painting in oil colours : with observations on setting and painting the figure / by Henry Murray.
- Ninth edition.
- London : Winsor and Newton, 1856.
- Physical Description:
- iv, 68 p. ; 18 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND1302 .M87 1856Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Printed by Schulze and Co., 13, Poland Street, London.
BAC: British Art Center copy disbound; lacks wrappers.
- Subject Terms:
- Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Painting -- Study and teaching.Portrait painting -- Technique.Schulze and Co. -- Printer.Winsor and Newton -- Publisher.
- Manuals (Handbooks) -- Great Britain -- 19th century.
Drawing books -- Great Britain -- 19th century.
YCBA Collections Search
Murray, Henry, F.S.A, The art of portrait painting in oil colours , 1856
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.