IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Boulton, Janet, 1936-, Some early toys by Ian Hamilton Finlay , 2009
Some early toys by Ian Hamilton Finlay / Janet Boulton ; commentary by Jessie Sheeler.
- Axminster [England] : Colin Sackett, 2009.
- Physical Description:
- 21 p. : col. ill. ; 27 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND1942.B68 A4 2009+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Includes poems by Ian Hamilton Finlay and watercolor paintings by Janet Boulton.
"Janet Boulton's watercolour drawings have been reproduced on Canaletto Liscia, and the book printed and bound by Colin Sackett in an edition of two hundred and twenty copies; Axminster 2009."--Colophon.
"Finlay's toys are probably the least known of his works, yet they exemplify crucial qualities inherent in his life's work--the stripping away of detail or exposition; the distillation of ideas which nevertheless holds scope for the imagination. These apparently simple toys offer another avenue to the heart of a consumate and prolific artist's preoccupations and methods."--P. 18-19, from the commentary by Jessie Sheeler,
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 105 of 220. Bound in original quarter blue cloth and tan boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Boats and boating in art.Finlay, Ian Hamilton.Sackett, Colin -- Publisher.Watercolor painting, English.Windmills in art.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.