Ockley, Simon, 1678-1720, The history of the Saracens , MDCCLVII 
- The history of the Saracens : containing the lives of Abubeker, Omar, Othman, Ali, Hasan, Moawiyah I. Yezid I. Moawiyah II. Abdolla, Merwan I. and Abdolmelick, the immediate succesors of Mahomet : giving an account of their most remarkable battles, sieges, & c. particularly those of Aleppo, Antioch, Damascus, Alexandria, and Jerusalem : illustrating the religion, rites, customs, and manner of living of that warlike people : collected from the most authentic Arabic authors, especially mss. not hitherto publish'd in any European language / by Simon Ockley, B.D. Vicar of Swavesey in Cambridgeshire, Professor of Arabick in the University of Cambridge, and Chaplain to the Right Hon. Robert Earl of Oxford and Earl Mortimerby Simon Ockley.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Conquest of Syria, Persia and Ægypt, by the Saracen
- The third edition
- Cambridge : Printed for the sole benefit of Mrs. Anne Ockley, by permission of Henry Lintot, Esq., MDCCLVII 
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill. ; 20 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDS236 .O25 1757Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Half-title: Professor Ockley's history of the Saracens, in two volumes. To which is prefixed, An account of the Arabians or Saracens, of the life of Mahomet, and of the Mahomet religion, by a learned hand.
The 'Account of the Arabians ... of the life of Mahomet, ... ' in v. 1 is by Roger Long.
With a list of subscribers.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in half calf and marbled boards. Bookplate: William Withers Eubank. Inscribed: G Eubank.
- Subject Terms:
- Caliphs -- Early works to 1800.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1757.Eubank, G. -- Autograph.Eubank, William Withers -- Bookplate.Islamic Empire -- Early works to 1800.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.