Light box / Daniel Weil.
- London : Architectural Association, 1985.
- Physical Description:
- 1 box : ill. ; 33 x 35 cm. + 1 booklet (32 p. ; 23 cm.), 1 yard of fabric, 6 A4s drawings, tin copper, wire, plastic cards and chessboard.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNB497.W45 A25 1985 Flat AYale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- "Light box has been published by the Architectural Association to coincide with an exhibition of work by Daniel Weil, Heavy Box, at the AA from 29 May to 25 June, 1985 ... Printed in London by EG Bond Ltd., silk-screening by G&B Arts Ltd, box made by The London Fancy Box Company."--Acknowledgements, p. 32.
"The exhibition Heavy Box and publication Light Box were organized at the Architectural Association ... Box 1, Light Box has been made for AA Publications ... Box designed by Daniel Weil and produced by Dian Phillips. Metalwork by Graham Lee and Trevor Roberts. Fabric printing by Jamison Print. Plastic by J.P. Charles. PCB by Tool and Components ..."--Acknowledgements, p. 32.
With an introduction by Dawn Ades, and essays by Nigel Coates, Christopher Jones, and John Thackara.
BAC: British Art Center copy includes two variant copies of the booklet. The first has images of Weil's sculptural work on the inside of the covers; the second has blank inner covers.
- Subject Terms:
- Architectural Association (Great Britain) -- Exhibitions.Architectural association -- Publisher.Assemblage (Art) -- Great Britain.Conceptual art -- Great Britain.Sculpture -- Great Britain -- Exhibitions.Weil, Daniel -- Exhibitions.
- Exhibition catalogs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.