Gris-Gris / Paul Violi, Dale Devereux Barker.
- Ipswich [England] : Dale Devereux Barker, 2001.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves : ill. ; 41 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2010 21Yale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "Gris-gris is the fourth in a series of collaborations between poet Paul Violi and artist Dale Devereux Barker and was published in 2001 in a limited edition of twelve portfolios containing eleven poems and eleven linocuts. All linoblocks and type were printed on 410g Somerset smooth paper by Dale Devereux Barker in Capel, St. Mary, Suffolk, England."
25 unbound leaves in a cloth covered solander box.
Printmaking Today (Summer:2003), p. 31
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 8 of 12. Signed by Paul Violi and Dale Devereux Barker on the colophon leaf. Each lincot is also signed and number by the artist on the reverse.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Barker, D.D. -- Publisher.English poetry.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.
Linocuts -- Color.
Linocuts -- England -- 21st century.
Linocuts -- Hand-colored -- 2001.
- Towards a February songbook ('Snow')
- Along Canopus Creek of Sunken Mine Road ('Yellow Terrain')
- Written in a time of worry and woe ('Vase')
- Pastorale ('Geezer')
- Light rain falling on deep snow ('Cubist Still-life')
- Word Power ('Juan's Pear')
- Thief tempted by the grandeur of February ('Vases and Leaves')
- Panorama ('Drinks')
- For it feels like February 29th or 30th or 31st ('Dwarf')
- Extended shortages ('Hans and Feet')
- On the ferry to stromness ('Jasper's Salmon').
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.