Hume, Gary, 1962-, [Fuzzy snowman , 2000]
- [Fuzzy snowman / [kit] / Gary Hume].
- [London : Momart, 2000]
- Physical Description:
- 1 flocked board and 7 felt pieces, 28 x 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND497.H86 F48 2000+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Gift of MomartAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Consists of a white backing board flocked with a surface of blue-green fibers. To the board are adhered two large white circular pieces of felt (the snowman) and five small pieces of felt (snowflakes). The pieces of felt are movable. Together with one sheet of an explanatory text, which includes a brief biographical sketch of the artist. Prepared as the annual Momart Christmas gift for 2000.
"The snowman is an image to which Gary Hume often returns. His screen print Snowman of 1996 presents a bold orange and brown snowman 'aglow against a soft sunset pink'. The painting Snowman of 1996 was a brown and red snowman against a rich blue background. Fuzzy Snowman [the present work] is icier with two white circles on a cool blue ground. It is a do-it-yourself artwork with a fuzzy ground an detachable felt pieces. For Hume the snowman is a self-portrait. It is seen from behind, looking toward the horizon and wholly dependent on the season. ... With thanks to Honey Luard at White Cube ... [and] Mandy Chubb at Fuzzy-felt."--From the accompanying page of text.
BAC: British Art copy signed by the artist, on the reverse. In Momart's original paper sleeve.
- Subject Terms:
- Art, Modern -- 20th century.Artists -- Great Britain -- 20th century.Christmas cards -- Great Britain.Hume, Gary, 1962-Multiple art -- Great Britain.Snowmen.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.