Workman, Liz, Great men's books, 2002
- Great men's books.
- [London] : Liz Workman, 2002.
- Physical Description:
-  p. : chiefly ill. ; 14 x 14 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.W67 G724 2002Yale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Cover title.
"In 2002 I published National Heritage Revisited, a collection of books that examined ... [houses that have been transformed into] museums. I wanted to question our expectations when we visit them and the reliability of items on display."--CFPR Book Arts website.
- Sigmund Freud's. The Freud Museum, London. The Landing -- John Keats's, Keats House, London. The Memorial Library -- Charles Darwin's, Down House, Kent. The Study -- Thomas Carlyle's, Carlyle's House, London. The Study -- John Keats's, Keats House, London. Keats's Sitting Room -- William Morris's, William Morris Gallery, London. The drawing room -- John Flamsteed's, Flamsteed House, London. The Study -- Charles Dickens's, Dickens House Museum, London. The Study -- Charles Darwin's. Down House, Kent. The drawing room -- John Soane's, Pitshanger Manor, London. The Library -- Samuel Johnson's, Dr. Johnson's House, London. The Library.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Historic house museums -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works.Private libraries -- Great Britain.Workman, Liz -- Publisher.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.