Great men's rugs.
- [London] : Liz Workman, 2002.
- Physical Description:
-  p. : chiefly ill. ; 14 x 14 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.W67 G746 2002Yale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Cover title.
"In 2002 I published National Heritage Revisited, a collection of books that examined ... [houses that have been transformed into] museums. I wanted to question our expectations when we visit them and the reliability of items on display."--CFPR Book Arts website.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Historic house museums -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works.Interior decoration -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Rugs -- Pictorial works.Workman, Liz -- Publisher.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.
- Charles Darwin's, Down House, Kent. The drawing room
- Charles Dickens's, Dickens House Museum, London. The drawing room
- Thomas Carlyle's, Carlyle's House, London. The Waterloo Gallery
- Frederic Leighton's, Leighton House, London. The drawing room
- John Keats's, Keats House, London. Keats's bedroom
- Samuel Pepys's, Prince Henry's Room, London. The office
- John Soane's, Pitshanger Manor, London. The library
- Frederic Leighton's, Leighton House, London. The staircase
- Sigmund Freud's, The Freud Museum, London. The entrance hall
- Samuel Johnson's, Dr. Johnson's House, London. The withdrawing-room
- Charles Darwin's, Down House, Kent. The dining room
- Tthomas Carlyle's, Carlyle's House, London. The drawing room
- William Morris's, William Morris Gallery, London. The drawing room
- John Flamsteed's, Flamsteed House, London. The Hall.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.