Szirtes, George, 1948-, The burning of the books , 2008
- The burning of the books : a poem sequence / by George Szirtes ; based on Elias Canetti's novel "Auto da Fé ; illustrated by Ron King.
- London : Circle Press, 2008.
- Physical Description:
- 1 portfolio (unpaged, unbound) : ill. ; 40 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2010 34Yale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Issued in black cloth drop-spine box.
"This edition of 'The burning of the books' is limited to thirty copies signed by both poet and artist; in addition, there are five copies signed A.P. and two marked H.C."--Prelim.
Also issued in paperback in 2009.
"The images in this book were photo-collaged by the artist in Bosham, Sussex; the plates were processed, etched and printed at 107 Workshop, Shaw, Wiltshire, by Jack Shirreff, Andrew Smith and Claire Wait. The text was prepared for plate making at Boxcar N.Y. by Kathrin Jacobsen and printed letterpress at Circle Press, London, by Ronald King and Amelia Drinkwater."--Colophon.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 8 of of 30, signed by Ron King and George Szirtes. Housed with two prospectuses: one for the present limited edition of the work, and a second for both the limited edition and the paper-back version.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Book burning -- Poetry.Circle Press -- Publisher.English poetry -- 21st century
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.