Quadrilling [music] : a favourite song / by the author of "Rejected Addresses" ; the decorations designed and executed by William Hawkes Smith.
- Birmingham : Printed at the Lithographic Press, by W. Hawkes Smith ..., 
- Physical Description:
-  p. : ill., music ; 34 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsM30 .Q33 1822+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Music (printed)
- A satire on the quadrille.
For voice and pianoforte.
"Rejected Addresses" is by James and Horatio Smith.
Also issued in 1820 and 1821. The pages without music (i.e. pages 1, 3, and 4) have been redrawn in this edition.
Twyman, M. Early lithographed music, p. 386
- Subject Terms:
- Amusements -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Dance -- England -- 19th century.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Lithographic Press -- Publisher.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1822.Piano music.Quadrilles.Satire, English.Smith, W. Hawkes -- Printer.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.