- Quadrilling [music] : a favourite song / by the author of "Rejected Addresses" ; the decorations designed and executed by William Hawkes Smith.
- Birmingham : Printed at the Lithographic Press, by W. Hawkes Smith ..., 
- Physical Description:
-  p. : ill., music ; 34 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsM30 .Q33 1822+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Music (printed)
- A satire on the quadrille.
For voice and pianoforte.
"Rejected Addresses" is by James and Horatio Smith.
Also issued in 1820 and 1821. The pages without music (i.e. pages 1, 3, and 4) have been redrawn in this edition.
Twyman, M. Early lithographed music, p. 386
- Subject Terms:
- Amusements -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Dance -- England -- 19th century.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Lithographic Press -- Publisher.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1822.Piano music.Quadrilles.Satire, English.Smith, W. Hawkes -- Printer.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.