IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Williams, Kit, Masquerade , 1981
Masquerade / Kit Williams.
- 1st American edition.
- New York : Schocken Books, 1981.
- Physical Description:
-  p. : col. ill. ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR6073.I43 M37 1981+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Gift of Barbara and Max Wilk, Yale BA 1941View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Story and illustrations are by Kit Williams.
Reprint of the ed. published by J. Cape, London.
BAC: British Art Center in original illustrated dustjacket. Label inside front cover of dustjacket: "On March 14, 1982, it was announced that the location of the jewel of 'Masquerade' had been discovered, and that the jewel had been unearthed, concluding the treasure hunt of the century ..."
On his way to deliver a splendid necklace to the Sun from the Moon, Jack Hare is diverted by a series of odd characters and when he finally reaches his destination he realizes that the necklace is missing. The reader is invited to answer several riddles and solve the mystery from clues given in the text.
- Subject Terms:
- Children's stories, English.Fantasy.
- Juvenile literature -- 1981.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.