Williams, Kit, Masquerade , 1981
- Masquerade / Kit Williams.
- 1st American edition.
- New York : Schocken Books, 1981.
- Physical Description:
-  p. : col. ill. ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR6073.I43 M37 1981+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Gift of Barbara and Max Wilk, Yale BA 1941Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Story and illustrations are by Kit Williams.
Reprint of the ed. published by J. Cape, London.
On his way to deliver a splendid necklace to the Sun from the Moon, Jack Hare is diverted by a series of odd characters and when he finally reaches his destination he realizes that the necklace is missing. The reader is invited to answer several riddles and solve the mystery from clues given in the text.
BAC: British Art Center in original illustrated dustjacket. Label inside front cover of dustjacket: "On March 14, 1982, it was announced that the location of the jewel of 'Masquerade' had been discovered, and that the jewel had been unearthed, concluding the treasure hunt of the century ..."
- Subject Terms:
- Children's stories, English.Fantasy.
- Juvenile literature -- 1981.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.