IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Words & pictures , 1997
Words & pictures : ultra-paranoid (extra-spatial) portable art : issue 10.
- Additional Title(s):
Words & pictures
Words and pictures
- London : Words and Pictures, 1997.
- Physical Description:
- 1 box (various contents) : ill. (some col.) ; 23 x 17 x 6 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2010 49 no. 10Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- Artists' periodical consisting of a brown cardboard box containing various items, including : an introductory booklet (with an epilogue by Momus and a conclusion by Liam Gillick), colour photocopies, black-and-white and colour photographs, a zinc plated steel corner plate, a blue plastic bag, a stick of chewing gum pasted to yellow card, a floppy disc, artists' books, envelopes, a tea spoon, a conker in a brown envelope, an audio cassette, a toy camera, an orange pom pom, a surgical blade, a videocassette, four coasters, a screwed up piece of blue paper, a grey bag containing 9 cubed beads and the instructions to a game, and a yellow 'post-it' note inscribed 'Panic'.
Organised by Iain Forsyth and Jane Pollard.
Published in an edition of 100.
"Issue 10 was launched at 'Getting out of our box' the Institute of Contemporary Arts, London, on Wednesday 26 November 1997."--Introductory booklet, p. 19.
"The final issue."
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 23 of 100.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Words and Pictures -- Publisher.
- Artists' books -- England.
Artists' periodicals -- England.
- The world of Russell Bamber : souvenir camera / Russell Bamber
- Double portrait (sketchbook) / Roger Bates
- Self portrait falling / David Company
- The days of life / J. J. Charlesworth
- Work no. 88 : special edition for Words & pictures / Martin Creed
- Panic / Jeremy Deller
- (Discovered object) reproduction / Ben Dray
- VennGo / Nick Dunn & Philip Jones
- Damaged / Iain Forsyth & Jane Pollard
- Interior / Sarah Hardy
- Untitled / Matthew Higgs
- Limited edition presentation corner plate / M. H. Holmes
- Just where is it we're at / Daniel Howard-Birt
- Tiger / Andrew Hunt
- Self-portrait / Mark Jessett
- E by gum / Tony Kemplen
- About the orange man / Magnus Lawrie
- Flag / Peter Lewis
- From 'Ravine', anovel in process / Richard Makin
- Smash the Brain / Adam J. Maynard with the Institute of Open Studies --Fruit de Mer / Dermot O'Brien
- Been there / Kevin O'Neill
- Horse card / Jane Ormerod
- Flashing bride / Simon Periton
- Artist unknown / Hadrian Pigott
- I want to put the voice back into the body / Giorgio Sadotti
- Certificate / David Shrigley
- Pom pom / Lesley Smailes
- Humiliated object (the conker) / Bob & Roberta Smith
- The excitement is unreal / Polly Staple
- Inside starvision world / Georgina Starr
- Burnt ta fuck / André Stitt
- Destruction no. 4 / John Timberlake
- I killed a cat / Gavin Turk
- Matthew Collings' finger print / Jessica Voorsanger.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.